Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 20, 2010

Wk3 Publishing and Leadership Project Part 2 of 3 Options



Options....
I have talked extensively about this situation with my close friend Renee Hanson (EMDT alumni, and fellow music teacher). Although, Mel Pontius (Wisconsin Dept. of Instruction) will still be a contact for me, my action research does not fall under the category of SCLA (Student Centered Learning in the Arts). That organization may be a vehicle for gathering music teachers at a meeting for me to present to.
But even more exciting, is for me to contact Mary Elsner at the Wisconsin Center for Music Education and pitch the idea of Renee and I jointly presenting a one day workshop with my Action Research presentation and exploring the use of technology in music education. Since Renee is also an EMDT grad, this would be doubly good for Full Sail exposure!
Beyond that, although not accepting applications at this point in time, the Wisconsin Music Educators Association Conference would be another venue for the future. All of these options are taking a huge step outside my comfort zone, which I know is what is supposed to happen, but I'm also trying to be realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment